The FMDSA 13th Annual (Virtual) Conference - Saturday, December 4th, 2021
Each year we bring together the leading specialists to come and speak about FMD. This is one of the most beneficial meetings for anyone interested in learning more about FMD. During the meeting you will hear about recent developments in FMD management, as well as learn from hearing specialists who will discuss recent understandings of the disease.
Not only will you benefit from specialist presentations, but you will also be able to speak with them directly in open panel discussions. These open panel discussions give you the opportunity to ask specialists with FMD expertise anything that may not have been answered during the presentations.
You will also have the opportunity to meet others diagnosed with FMD. If you, or a loved one has FMD, it can be difficult for others to understand things you may be dealing with in relation to the disease. Being able to connect with others who can relate, can help with your ability to cope with FMD. It’s comforting to know you’re not alone in dealing with this disease, and having others provide you with their suggestions for dealing with certain issues, can be invaluable (*always consult with your physician prior to applying any of the recommendations).
Tentative topics include:
- What is Fibromuscular Dysplasia?
- Treatment of Cervical Artery Dissection and Intracranial Aneurysms
- Identifying the Patient Likely to Benefit from Renal Artery Angioplasty
- Pulsatile Tinnitus and Current Treatment Options
- Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection: treatment, exercise and the iSCAD Registry
- FMD and SCAD research update
- United States FMD Registry: what has it taught us?
- Dr Jeffrey Olin – Mt Sinai, New York
- Dr Heather Gornik – University Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio
- Dr Santhi Ganesh – University of Michigan
- Dr Shazam Hussain – Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
*topics and speakers are subject to change
Saturday, December 4th at 9:00am (EST). Please see Facebook for updates. Members will receive information via email. This year there will also be “on demand” presentations in English, French, Italian Croatian, Spanish, German, Polish, and Dutch! There will also be live web Q&A sessions available in each of these languages shortly after 11:00am (EST). We look forward to seeing everyone!
You will need to register for the conference via this link:
*A few days before Dec 4th, you’ll receive a ticket to enter our conference website. There will be additional resources on the site for you to peruse or download. We’ll also have a “GatherTown” where you can create an avatar and hang out with others with FMD or who are interested in FMD, and chat with them. Instructions will be provided on the site to set this up (look for the ‘headphones’ icon, that is the help desk).